Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fun Weekend

Just thought that I would post some cute pictures from our weekend - on Friday night, we had a surprise party for Matt at our house to congratulate him on his promotion to manager at E&Y - way to go Matt!! He works so hard - TOO hard for my liking - but what can you do? Taylor helped me color posters for him...she was so excited for all of her friends to come over...

She had her first soccer game on Saturday, which was a much anticipated event at our house (at least for Matt). She is playing on Coach (Uncle) Jay's team with her one (and only) teammate Brockie! Yep, it is just the three of them - only two on the team - the dynamic duo.

How cute is she??? I love the uniform :)
Sadly, Taylor wasn't having it this Saturday - she just wanted her sucker. (The one we used to bribe her to play for more than 30 seconds). So pretty much most of her playing time was spent whining, with me dragging her up and down the field.She was still the cutest soccer player there though!! (Brockie was almost as cute...)

11 comments:

Nikki said...

That would have been some soccer match to see! :) And congrats to Matt!

Nicole said...

I love her uniform! She is so adorable! I wish we had a soccer program here for little kids, Adam would love it.

Amy, Dan and Ryan said...

Congratulations Matt!
Way to go Taylor! She looks adorable in that uniform.

Sally said...

So cute. Congrats again to Matt. He is a good guy.

It wasn't until Nathan was 5 that he really got into soccer. Before that, it was about the same to him as playing at the part, then the competitive/game aspect finally kicked in and now he is a good little soccer player. Tay is adorable in her soccer clothes and she will crush all the other 2 year olds.

Mom said...

I can't wait to see her play...and Sally is right - she will definitely dominate (if her dad has anything to do with it!) Once she gets the hang of it - watch out! :)

marti said...

Congrats Matt! That is awesome. I love the soccer uniform with the cute hair bow, athletic yet feminine!

judy peel said...

Kim--I am going to do better on checking out the blogs--I just loved this!! I love the Taylor stories and the darling pictures!! Tell Matt he is warping Taylor already--she will fight the dinosaur with her muscles!! At least she feels empowered!!

Anonymous said...

Darling pictures....

This is official business...you have been tagged. Check out my blog for your invitation....you are so lucky. Happy night!

*** said...

Oh what an ADORABLE little soccer girl and how fun to be a soccer Mom! Congrats to Matt also on his big promotion...we are so glad he is doing so great there! I just found Dee on facebook and she said she has been in touch with you recently too, love it. Are you going to be in Utah at Christmas (crossing my fingers!)...let me know. Love ya!!

The StaceNeedle said...

Hey Kim! Cute pics and fun to read up on your life. Even though this is 3 months old. Post more! Congrats to Matt!

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

KIM!!!!! Blog more. I am tired of Fun Weekend from September. I want to see more pictures of your kids - CURRENT pictures.

chadinazdesert.blogspot.com